Information on customs formalities in Serbia
Bringing pets into Serbia
Citizens of the Republic of Serbia, who were continuously employed abroad for at least two years, are relieved from paying import duties on the articles of their household which they are bringing with them from abroad; this is valid only for the duration of one year from the day of their return from employment abroad and up to the total dinar equivalent value of 5,000.00 EUR. This certificate does not apply for release from payment of import duties on import of a motor vehicle.
In order to obtain the certificate for regulation of the import duties, the petitioner needs to submit the following:
1. Valid Serbian passport;
2. Completed request (Form MS Word od PDF format). The signature of the applicant must be notarized by the Notary Public if the request is submitted by mail;
3. Proof of residence in the U.S.A. (Green Card, Driver’s License)
4. Original statement from the Employer-Company (on their letterhead), with which it confirms that the petitioner was employed at that firm, along with the indication of the length of employment (dates), or
- Statement of paid taxes (Form W-2);
- Statement from the Social Security about petitioner’s retirement benefits or the report about the period of employment which qualifies the petitioner to a pension.
Consular fee in the amount of $186.00 is payable in cash or Money Order issued to the Embassy of the Republic of Serbia. If the request is sent by mail the petitioner must enclose a pre-stamped, pre-addressed return envelope.
For more information, please contact Embassy.